Top 5 Choices in Texas For Fast Mexican Food
Across the country, the favorite Mexican fast-food restaurant was Chipotle, they won out over Taco Bell, especially during the pandemic, but who won out in the state of Texas?
According to the Midland Reporter-Telegram, here are the top 5 Mexican Fast-Food Restaurants in Texas.
- Moe's Southwest Grill - Even though there are only 8 locations in Texas, Moe's came out as the leader of the Mexican fast-food restaurants for the people of Texas. If you want to check it out, Midland has one of the eight locations at 3302 Garden City Hwy.
- Qdoba Mexican Eats - Originally named Zuma and based in Denver, the company settled on Qdoba in 1999. It was bought out by Jack in the Box in 2003 but it is the #2 most popular Mexican fast-food restaurant in Texas. The closest location to Midland/Odessa is two locations in Lubbock.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill - Commonly known as just Chipotle, the company was also founded in Denver, but now has its home offices in Newport Beach, California. Both Midland and Odessa have one Chipotle each, located at 2820 W. Loop 250 N. Suite 210 in Midland, and at 3810 E. 42nd Street in Odessa.
- El Pollo Loco - Originally founded in Guasave, Sinaloa, Mexico in 1974 and it opened its first location in the U.S. in 1980. The owner sold off all of the American restaurants and kept his restaurants in Mexico. The closest locations to Midland/Odessa are located in the San Antonio area.
- Taco Bell - Originally opened in Downey, California in 1962, the company now has over 7,000 locations worldwide. The very first location of Taco Bell was scheduled for demolition in 2015 but it was saved and moved to the corporate headquarters in Irvine, California after closing in 1986.
So there are the top 5 Mexican fast-food restaurants in Texas, at least we have 3 of the top 5 in Midland/Odessa and one that's only 100 miles away. Now I am hungry for an Enchirito.