Local Restaurants Open on Thanksgiving In Case You Don’t Want to Cook
In case you are not wanting to wake up early and heat up the kitchen and be stressed all day trying to make a Thanksgiving meal, or you are like me and have no family close by and need a place to eat, here are some restaurants in Midland/Odessa that will be open on Thanksgiving.
- IHOP - Both locations in Midland and Odessa will be open 24 hours on Thanksgiving.
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store - The location in Midland on Loop 250 will be open from 11 am - 9 pm.
- Curb Side Bistro - They will have their annual free Thanksgiving dinner from 11 am till they sell out (which is usually around 1 or 2).
- Texas Roadhouse - Their website shows that they will be open regular hours (4 pm-11 pm) on Thanksgiving Day but it could vary from location to location so I say call them ahead of time before planning for it.
- Most Restaurants Serving Asian Cruisine - Just about all of your favorite Asian restaurants should be open on Thanksgiving if you are not into eating the traditional Thanksgiving meal. You might check your favorite place to see if they have shorter hours on Thanksgiving though.
Most of the restaurants listed above will have a traditional meal if that is what you are looking for, or they will have their regular menu available for those who are not wanting the traditional Thanksgiving turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, etc.
Me personally, I love the traditional Thanksgiving items and will usually get so full I will be miserable for several hours afterward, but I do have friends that are totally over the usual Thanksgiving food and prefer a burger or Asian food instead.
Choose whatever you want to make your Thanksgiving a good one for you.
LOOK: Here Are the 25 Best Thanksgiving movies of all time