My Top 5 Mexican Restaurants in Midland/Odessa
Here are my top 5 Mexican food restaurants for you to enjoy, if you feel obligated.
1. Gerardo's Casita & Cantina - Commonly known by my friends as "The Mayor's" because owner Jerry Morales used to be the mayor of Midland when we started making it our place to go every Friday for great Mexican food and margaritas.
2. Rosa's Cafe' and Tortilla Factory - Lengthy name since everyone around here just calls it Rosa's. But if you are looking for awesome tortillas, tamales, enchiladas, and tacos, this is the place for you. Their specialty is Taco Tuesday where you can get three tacos for $4.99.
3. Casa Ole' - My favorite part of Casa Ole' is the green sauce that they put on the table with your chips. I can make a meal out of that and most times I am not as hungry once I have eaten the endless chips and bottomless green sauce.
4. La Mision - After being in the same location for at least the past 30 years, La Mision has just moved into its new location in the old Tilted Kilt location on Tradewinds and Deauville Blvd. I haven't seen the new location yet but that is on the list of things to do this weekend.
5. Dona Anita's - Dona Anita's has the best salsa they serve with complimentary chips before your meal gets to you. This is another place you may find yourself full on chips and salsa before your meal gets to you. Don't forget to get the queso and sopapillas.