More Than a Dozen New Restaurants Opening Up in Midland By The End of This Year
There are over a dozen new restaurants coming to Midland by the end of the year.
According to the Midland Reporter-Telegram, here is the list of those new restaurants:
- Mister Chip's Kitchen - this Asian fusion restaurant is scheduled to open before April featuring dumplings, noodles, and sushi plus other food and drinks. The restaurant will be located in the former Basin Burger House building.
- Chuy's - An Austin original that opened in an old BBQ restaurant back in 1982, so it's only fitting that it will open in the former Logan's Roadhouse building on Loop 250.
- Rusty Tacos - This restaurant offers tacos for everybody, even those on a vegan diet. It offers breakfast tacos, brisket, roasted pork, and fried chicken tacos along with a kids menu. The location will be in the San Miguel Square shopping center on Midkiff at Wadley.
- Waystone Board Game Cafe - This is a cool concept, a cafe and Nonobrewery that offers a family-friendly atmosphere and board games you can rent. They offer homemade root beer, coffee, not to mention other drinks for the whole family. They will have a food truck parked outside for food options. They will be located in the Plaza Oaks Shopping Center at Wadley and Garfield.
- Tall City Axe House - This will be an ax bar with 4 ax-throwing lanes and a limit of two drinks for those who will be throwing axes can consume. Safety will be a priority with coaches monitoring the lanes. They will be located at 3201 W. Front St.
- Shipley's Donuts - Construction is in progress for the second location of Shipley's located where Lori's Cafe was located on Wall St. and Andrews Hwy./Garfield
- Black Rifle Coffee Co. - The second location will be located at 3212 W. Wadley right next to Kent Kwik and across the street from Murray's Deli. Construction has not begun yet but signage is up where the location will be.
- Wendy's - The burger chain is planning to open 2 new locations in Midland. The first one will be located in Pavillion Park at Mockingbird and Big Spring St./Hwy 349. The second will be located on South Rankin Hwy. close to the southside Walmart.
- Chick-fil-A and Whataburger will open new restaurants in the shopping center where Tractor Supply is on Rankin Hwy. and Wolcott close to the southside Walmart.
These restaurants should be open by the end of the year or by the beginning of 2023 at the latest.