10 Things To Get Your Morning Popping
Contrary to popular belief, I don't wake all sunshine and roses. I know this will shock you all, but I am not a morning person. I don't do mornings! I am definitely one of those, no talking before coffee kinds of people. It takes me a while to come alive in the morning. If you are like me, we need a little help as we yawn and stretch and try to come alive. Here are 10 things that will help you be bright and cheery in the mornings.
1. Get out of bed as soon as the alarm goes off. Don't keep hitting the snooze to sleep for five more minutes.
2.. Take a hot or cold shower! If you would like to wake up nice, slow and warm, then take a hot shower, if you want to be shocked into reality, take a cold one. Unless I have absolutely no other choice, it will always be a hot one for me.
3. Stretch. Do some stretching as soon as you get out of bed.
4. Make your bed! Make your bed so you aren't tempted to get back in it. I get up so early and stay in it as long as possible so I don't have time to make my bed every day.
5. Open a window. Let some fresh air in.
6. Drink coffee. That is my drink of choice. On the weekends that is one of the first things I do, I get up and walk straight to the coffee pot.
7. Turn on music. I do this as well. It does help pump me up in the morning.
8. Go for a walk or get in some exercise. Get your heart rate up.
9. Drink a cold glass of juice. Get those vitamins in early.
10. Say a prayer. I do this every morning because Lord knows, I can't make it through the day without Him.