Which Of These Blockbusters Did You Hit Up Back In The Day Here In Midland Odessa?
It was the thing! The weekend would arrive and you would hit up Blockbuster on a Friday or Saturday night to rent movies! In the 90's into the early 2k's Blockbuster was Netflix, Blockbuster was DISNEY Plus. Blockbuster was it! If you wanted to rent a movie or game, Blockbuster was the place to do it. It was almost a family ritual to grab everyone and head out to BLOCKBUSTER!
Here in the Permian Basin, we had our awesome BLOCKBUSTERS! Let's revisit them now!
MIDLAND BLOCKBUSTER ON 4311 ANDREWS HIGHWAY
Here is the Andrews location via 2007!
Here is the location today.
MIDLAND BLOCKBUSTER 4400 NORTH MIDKIFF
Here is the Blockbuster in 2007 on Midkiff.
Here it is years later!
ODESSA BLOCKBUSTER ON WEST COUNTY RD
Renting them videos in 2007
BLOCKBUSTER 4901 EAST 42ND STREET
I visited this one so many times!
The area in 2019!
THINGS I REMEMBER ABOUT BLOCKBUSTER!
- Waiting for someone to return a NEW RELEASE! (They only had so many)
- Going down the SAME aisle of rows over and over looking for a more
- Asking the employee working 'are you sure you don't have this movie?
- The awesome candy in front for sale!
- Rushing Monday morning to RETUR THE MOVIE before you got late fees!
What are your favorite memories of Blockbuster? No matter what if you were a kid of the 90s and 2k you definitely remember a Blockbuster moment with family or friends!
Long live the memories of the blue and yellow Blockbuster sign and store!
CHECK OUT THIS VINTAGE 90S BLOCKBUSTER COMMERCIAL!