Top 5 Texas Foods That You Are Crazy if You Give Up For Lent
It is Fat Tuesday which means people are going to be indulging in the things that they are going to give up for Lent, here are 5 Texas foods that might be given up, but not by me!!
- Chicken Fried Steak - Definitely a Texas staple and it has to be covered in a nice thick layer of cream gravy, it's best served with green beans and mashed potatoes.
- Pecan Pie - The ultimate dessert for us Texans and this is one food that is made from the state tree of Texas. Some people like to put whip cream on it or ice cream but this is one pie I prefer without anything on it, just serve me that syrupy goodness!!
- Tex-Mex Plates - This covers a wide variety of foods and all of them should be enjoyed year-round whether it's enchiladas or huevos rancheros (my favorite).
- Barbecue - Who would even think of giving up ribs or brisket, not me. That sweet tangy goodness is off-limits for something to give up for Lent. Give up another type of food like maybe Asian food which I also love but would be more willing to give up for 40 days.
- Chili - Since this goes in a bowl it is separate from #3. Whether you like it with or without beans, this is another Texas staple that should not be considered to be given up for Lent. Choose something else you love like maybe hamburgers or hot dogs.
OK there is the list of stuff you just can't give up for Lent, with so many other choices of stuff you love that you could give up, choose one of them.