Top 10 Coldest Temperatures in February in Midland Odessa
February is the coldest month of the year and Midland/Odessa has seen our coldest record lows in the month of February, here are the 10 coldest temperatures ever recorded in the month of February.
- -11 February 2, 1985, and February 8, 1933 - The lowest temperature ever recorded in Midland/Odessa could not happen just once, but twice and 52 years apart from each other.
- -8 - February 1, 1985 - This was also when the coldest maximum temperature was set at +12 back in 1985.
- -2 - February 15, 2021 - We all remember the winter storm and cold blast from last year and we did have a low below zero low temperature on 2/15/21.
- +2 - February 7, 1933 - This was the low the night before the all-time low of -11 would be set just 24 hours later.
- +4 - February 16, 2021 - Once again a part of the winter blast from last year which actually set a record of more than 9 days of temperatures below freezing or 220 hours.
- +5 - February 14, 2021, & February 10, 2011 - Proving last year was the coldest cold blast on record in Midland/Odessa here is yet a third record low out of 10 shared with 2011.
- +7 - February 4, 2022, February 9, 2011, February 11, 2011, and February 19, 2021 - 2011 was also a cold time in Midland/Odessa in February if you remember pipes bursting and water being out for a few days, but no power outages that I remember back in 2011, that would happen 10 years later.
- +8 - February 6, 2020 - We don't hit single digits much but when we do, it's no fun at all.
- +9 - February 3, 2011, and February 18, 2021 - Proving once again 2011 and 2021 were the coldest Februarys on record in Midland/Odessa.
- +10 - February 5, 1989 - 1989 was a cold February as well but it wasn't as cold as 2011 or 2021 because most of the records set in 1989 were broken in 2011 and 2021.
It is not normal in Midland/Odessa to hit single-digit temperatures so when it happens it is a big deal to those of us who are more adapted to 100 degrees than 0 degrees.