Tips To Help Get Your Kids Prepared for STAAR Testing In Midland-Odessa
'Tis the season, yes parents, it is that time of year. We have STAAR testing going on all around the Permian Basin and no matter what age or what our little ones may say, they do still get nervous and anxious about testing. I know mine do whether they let on or not. So in order to relieve their fears and help take a little pressure off of our little ones, here are some tips to help get them prepared.
TIPS TO HELP GET YOUR KIDS PREPARED FOR TEST DAY:
- first things first, make sure they get plenty of rest-make sure your children get to bed early the night before the big test, maybe even 30 minutes to an hour earlier than the usual bed time
- make sure they eat a good breakfast-even if your little ones are not typically breakfast eaters, ensure they eat some toast, oatmeal, cereal or fruit so being hungry won't be an issue during testing
- be sure to get them to school on time, especially on test day
- talk to them beforehand about testing and assure them that they can take their time, don't rush and that no matter what you are proud of them-put their little minds at ease so it will help alleviate some of the nervousness they are no doubt feeling
- send them to school with a light jacket, sometimes testing rooms can get cold and they will have a jacket on hand to make them more comfortable if that is the case
Parents it is up to us to help our children understand the importance and seriousness of testing but remain calm as you explain this. Let them know that if they have any questions, do not hesitate to ask the teacher, he or she will be more than willing to help make the entire process easy as well.
See How School Cafeteria Meals Have Changed Over the Past 100 Years
Using government and news reports, Stacker has traced the history of cafeteria meals from their inception to the present day, with data from news and government reports. Read on to see how various legal acts, food trends, and budget cuts have changed what kids are getting on their trays.
Get our free mobile app