Texas Tech Athletics Releases Parking and Tailgating Details for Red Raider Football
We're getting closer to the start of college football for at least the Big 12, SEC, and ACC. Texas Tech's season opener is still set for Saturday, September 12th against Houston Baptist at Jones AT&T Stadium.
The changes announced include:
- All Texas Tech sponsored tailgating events have been canceled for the 2020 season, including Raider Alley and all corporate tailgates.
- Lots will open three hours prior to kickoff.
- All personal tailgating should be limited to no more than 10 people, in accordance with the state order for outdoor gatherings.
- No tents larger than 10’ by 10’ will be permitted. Please ensure a minimum of 10 feet between all tents and tailgate groups.
- RV lots will open Friday evenings at 5:30 p.m. and will be required to follow the same standard of no more than 10 people.
- Lots will be cleared one hour after the conclusion of the game.
Texas Tech Athletics notes that fans will be able to purchase parking online while selecting their seats, for both single-game and mini-pack ticket packages. Selection days are based on Red Raider Club membership level.
Additional information for Texas Tech Football fans from the school:
- Fans will be able to add parking to their gameday experience while purchasing tickets online.
- By securing parking passes, fans are also supporting the Red Raider Club Excellence Fund and will receive membership credit as well as triple priority points.
- Suite holders will receive their same season-long parking included in their suite agreements, including any additional parking covered in their membership level.
- Club seat holders will receive their same season-long parking previously allocated in their account. Additional parking can be added.
- Lower bowl ticket purchasers will have the opportunity to secure parking when selecting their seats online or by calling into the Athletics Ticket Office.
- RV parking is still available, and all RV accounts will receive separate communication with options for this season.
Similar to the purchase of tickets, fans can choose to apply funds already paid to their parking by calling the Athletics Ticket Office. Anyone who has already contributed to the Red Raider Club Excellence Fund to secure their gameday parking will receive a separate communication with options for this season. Any fans who choose to opt out of this season will have first right of refusal on their parking during the renewal process for the 2021 season.
Each Texas Tech Football home game, in 2020, will be limited to approximately 25 percent capacity at Jones AT&T Stadium.
Talk 1340 will get you ready for each week's Texas Tech Football game with "Rob Breaux's College Tailgate," Saturdays 10 a.m. - noon, starting September 12th.